I had the endoscopic ultrasound and needle biopsy today. Here are the things I found out...
1. The tumor is a muscular tumor and is benign...thank God!!!
2. I have a cyst on my pancreas that he wants to look at in a year. So I will have this test again next year.
3. I have stones in my gallbladder. So when I have the tumor removed from my stomach, apparently I will also have my gallbladder removed.
4. The tumor is not close to my esophagus so they will be able to take the tumor out while just removing a portion of my stomach rather than me losing my whole stomach.
5. The tumor has not grown since they found it three weeks ago.
What a relief! I am amazed that I have this tumor AND the gall stones. I do not have any symptoms of either one. I guess it's a good thing the tumor "decided" to bleed so I can get this all taken care of before I have any bad symptoms.
I see Dr. Yahanda on Monday and I'm sure he will schedule the surgery then. Hopefully that will be soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment