Apparently I wrote up the experience of trying to get a referral to Dr. Wiersema on my notebook, not on my blog.
As you know, my endoscopic ultrasound was scheduled for September 6. I called on Thursday, Sept 1 to find out from my insurance if there was a referral from Dr. Yahanda to Dr. Wiersema. There was not one.
On Monday, Aug 29, when we left Dr. Yahanda's office with the referral to Dr. Wiersema, I asked Dr. Y's staff if they would call the insurance to do the referral to Dr. W. They said they would take care of that. So after calling my insurance, I called Dr. Y's office again and talked to someone and she assured me she would take care of calling the insurance.
On Friday, I called my insurance again...still no referral. I called Dr. Y's office again and had to leave a message for a nurse. I told her that it was very important that she call me back because I needed the referral called in that day. Since it was a holiday weekend, that would be the only day to take care of it because insurance would not be available to take the referral on Monday. I hung up, realizing that no one had taken care of anything yet and no one had returned a call from Dr. Y's office yet, and I called my primary care physician. He had his front desk person call my insurance and take care of the referral. She called me back within 15 minutes and the referral was taken care of.
No comments:
Post a Comment