Well, I thought maybe you might want an update. If you're reading this, I guess you are interested in one.
The week has been pretty uneventful. I did not feel real well on Monday night. In fact, I was feeling bad enough that I was hoping that it was going to be the darkness before the dawn. Well, Tuesday morning when I got up, I realized that it was because I felt great. I still rested all day and when evening came around, I felt good enough to go to the City Council meeting for a little while. There were two things on the agenda that I wanted to be there for. I was going to ask to rearrange the agenda so I could just be there for those two issues then come home.
As it turned out, the first item took and hour and a half to get through so I left after that one and came home. I was a little tired, but did well.
My next venture out was when I rode along with Geoff when he took the boys to school on Thursday. I rode up to Auburn, took the boys into school/daycare with Geoff and came home and spent the rest of the day at home.
Today, we (City Council members) had an appreciation lunch for all the city employees. My friend Deb came and picked me up and we went to that. But before she came, I had to take something down to the pool so the guys could come close it up. Geoff had come home earlier and walked down the hill to the pool and slipped on the grass and fell. I told him I was not going to try the hill and would take the stairs so I could hold the handrail. With 3 or 4 steps to go, I stepped on a mossy, slippery spot and fell down the rest of the steps. I hit my hip (which doesn't hurt) and my elbow (which does still hurt), but my incision looked fine.
So after the lunch, Deb took me to the doctor just to check things out. He told me what to look for as far as pain and when I should call him if I have pains in certain spots, but everything looks fine. WHEW!!! I have been really avoiding the stairs in the house and really didn't even think about not going down the stairs of the deck. DUH!
The eating has been getting better and better each day. I started out eating just one thing at a time and eating just a little bit. That way, I could tell if something made me sick or didn't "agree" with me, then I could stay away from that for a while. And I have been sticking to soft food (noodles, mashed potatoes, soup). That has worked pretty well and I have not been hungry or too full. I eat several times a day. Today, at the lunch, I had some pulled pork and baked beans and even some carrots and celery. It was all good...no problems and that was over three hours ago, so I think I am getting the hang of using this smaller stomach:-)
I go back to the doctor on Wednesday. Since I am feeling so good, I would like to ask him if I can try half days at work starting on Monday October 10.
No comments:
Post a Comment